Sunday, July 10, 2005

More on the first day's filming...

As Mr Ferguson has explained, filming has officially begun on A Hat Made Of Mexico. I have been preparing for my role for at least a month, for when Paul told me that my first character 'Old Man ' Murphy Branes, in our western sketch, required much in the way of stubble I stopped shaving. It still itches.

We arranged to meet at about 1700 at Peter Bell's house, which was succesful, only neither the director or myself actually had the guts to go ring his doorbell and let him know we were there. Eventually I was forced to, and we headed on to the set, a park by the river Neccesarily So.

Filming went surprisingly well, which shows what preparation (a script) will do for you. Improvisation was expected, of course, and it was there in abundance. Hopefully such improv will be in an outtakes section on the DVD. It does leave us needing to find my favourite whore though...

Anyway, despite getting hurt several times in the name of my art, it was an enjoyable evening, with much mirth and merriment. Will report back next time,

Yours, Murray Barnes, fast rising star,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home